Whether you have a large kitchen, or a small kitchen, the practicality of your kitchen can always be improved by adding in a seating option. And while some kitchens might seem just too small, there are some clever tricks to help even small kitchens support the perfect seating space. Here at Homematas, we are Preston’s leading kitchen experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to kitchen seating options.
What are the most effective kitchen seating options?
There ae a number of different seating options that are popular with kitchens of all shapes, sizes and styles. These include:
- Breakfast bars
- Kitchen islands
- Kitchen table seating
Small, medium and large kitchens can all benefit from a breakfast bar area. Built into the rest of your kitchen, breakfast bar options are endless. For example:
- a breakfast bar can be built into your kitchen, using the same worksurface as the rest of the room. Simply by not installing kitchen cabinets underneath one area, you have the perfect breakfast bar zone. With little to no effort. And the stools or chairs can simply be stored in the space underneath when not in use. So even a small kitchen can benefit from this type of breakfast bar.
- if you have more space available, why not install a separate breakfast bar. Use a complimentary but slightly different worksurface to create this space, and really draw attention to the breakfast bar. You can also make your breakfast bar longer, suitable for more people to enjoy the kitchen seating area together.
Kitchen islands with additional seating are a great addition to medium and large sized kitchens. These islands can hep break up a larger kitchen into zones, and seating options can include:
- a full table built into the side of the kitchen island
- a breakfast bar style addition to the island
- or a seating area built into the kitchen island itself
Finally, if your kitchen is large enough, adding a kitchen table can be a great way to add seating space. From low tables paired with beanbags, to traditional tables with 6 chairs, kitchen tables can be used to add seating space to any kitchen, traditional or contemporary.
For more information or advice, or to find the perfect kitchen seating option for your home, take a look at what we have to offer, here at Homematas.