When it comes to the design of your new kitchen, you will probably be thinking about the colour scheme, the finish, and the range of cabinets suitable for your home. But you should also be thinking about a design scheme. Minimalist design is one such option, and this can lead to a stunning kitchen when implemented correctly. But what is minimalist design? Well, here at Homematas, we are Preston’s leading kitchen design experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to minimalist design for your kitchen.
So what is minimalism, and how can it be applied to the kitchen? Well, minimalist design is all about simple designs that do not create visual clutter or distractions. And in fact, all the physical clutter needs to be removed too, for minimalism to work.
Minimalist design for your kitchen
So what does that mean for the kitchen? Well, here are some tips for minimalist design for your kitchen:
- choose plain, un-decorated cupboards and fixtures that are not embellished in any way. Slab cabinet doors can work well for this.
- remove physical clutter by using a range of inventive storage solutions and keeping your kitchen clean and tidy
- opt for handleless cupboards to streamline your design further and remove the visual distraction of the handles themselves
- choose plain tiles or paint that acts as a blank canvas for the rest of the features in the kitchen otherwise any patterns or bright colours will detract from the minimalism
- stick to only two colours to reduce the amount of visual distraction in the kitchen
- both matt and gloss finishes can be very effective for a minimalist design. Matt finishes work well for drawing attention to the small details, while gloss finishes can be very effective when combined with the right lighting.
Why not take a look at our range of kitchens today, here at Homematas?