If you are designing a new kitchen, you might be looking at current design trends, and trying to find a style that suits you and your home. One of the more popular design trends to emerge recently is the two-tone kitchen. So what exactly is this? And what are the advantages of a two-tone kitchen? Well, here at at Homematas, we are Preston’s leading kitchen design specialists. And this is our guide to everything you should know about two-tone kitchens.
What is a two tone kitchen?
So, first of all, what is a two- tone kitchen? Well, this is a kitchen that uses two different colours, or two different shades of the same colour, for different parts of the cabinet and worktop designs. This could involve:
- Using black glossy cabinet doors but white matt cabinet frames and worktops
- Using light grey cabinets on one side of the room, and dark grey on another
- Using waterfall worktops in a different shade to the cabinets underneath
What are the advantages of a two-tone kitchen?
So, why should you choose a two-tone kitchen? Well, there are a number of benefits this kind of kitchen style can bring, including:
- Combining light and dark- while light kitchens are popular for their airy, light appeal, dark kitchens add bold sophistication and a dramatic touch. Choosing between the two options can be difficult, but with a two tone kitchen you can get the best of both worlds.
- Creating contrast- in general, the human eye is trained to find differences in shade and colour, and creating contrast in your kitchen can help to create a dramatic feature area that is sure to draw attention.
- Design flexibility- while this might seem like a highly contemporary choice, a two tone kitchen can be perfect for both contemporary and traditional kitchens, as long as you choose the right worktop and cabinet materials, and combine this with other key features such as tiling.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Homematas.