Looking for something a bit different for your patio or driveway? Fed up with the usual age old coloured flagstones or Indian stone? Want something a little bit different, more on-trend, more stylish but also more practical and tough? Look no further, floor tiles specifically designed and engineered for use outdoors are becoming one of the hottest new trends in exterior design. For the past few years all the great Spanish and Italian tile design houses have been developing ranges specifically for this market and have come up with some grand designs which we are now selling here at Homematas!
These tiles are engineered with the depth and strength to withstand not only heavy foot traffic but also to withstand the additional weight and wear of cars and other vehicles making them equally suitable for driveways and patios alike! These porcelain tiles/flags are made in various thicknesses starting at 20mm which with a suitable substrate are more than suitable for vehicular traffic. The tile ranges are mainly characterised by combining natural stone look designs incorporating a hard wearing slip-resistant surface with the amazing strength porcelain provides.
The increasing range of these 20mm available from various manufactures are lighter, easier to handle and in most cases stronger than their traditional outdoor alternatives like stone and patio flags but more importantly can give a stunning look for less pounds with the ability to have seem-less design inside your home and outside! Imagine the design opportunities this now affords us.
When designing interior and outdoor spaces these porcelain products versatility allow so many design opportunities for your outside entertaining space. The ability to seamlessly link your interior and exterior spaces with an affordable, stylish, modern product gives porcelain tiles the edge over its competitors. Give the illusion of space by using the same flooring in your kitchen, through to your conservatory and out into your patio and even your driveway! The possibilities are endless.
If you are lucky enough to have an outside pool area these products are perfect for an ultra-stylish alternative to traditional products. Being tough enough to withstand our British winters and resistant to moulds, chemicals and stains, combined with the modern designs and essentially a non-slip texture these are the future of poolside and garden landscape design.
List of Features and benefits of these outdoor 20mm tiles:
- Ideal for creating outdoor spaces of great beauty, without sacrificing technical performance. A porcelain stoneware 20 mm thick, immutable over time, easy to lay and clean. Slabs with unbeatable performance, for the easy design and realisation of outdoor areas.
- The ideal paving for terraces and balconies.
- Fits perfectly into its surroundings, allowing the creation of easily cleaned paths and walkways.
- Easy to lay. • Laying on grass • Laying on sand • Laying on gravel • Laying with adhesive • Laying on raised pavings.
- A slab of 60×60 cm weighs just 17,5 kg.
- Withstands frost.
- Withstands moulds and chemicals (e.g. copper sulphate pesticides).
- It has excellent anti-slip properties.
- Resistant to stains.