No matter the size of your kitchen, it is still one of the most practical and necessary parts of your home. But what if you have a small kitchen? How can you maximise the potential of such a small space? Here at Homematas, we are Preston’s favourite kitchen design experts. As a result we have produced this guide to top design tips for small kitchens.
With a small kitchen, storage can be a real problem. But dont fear, there are now innovative storage solutions to help you make the most of the small space available.
- Inner drawers-
- These can be placed behind cupboard doors to maintain a contemporary and stylish appearance, but actually lots of drawers is great for storage. In fact, they can hold up to 30% more than cupboards.
- Pull out storage racks-
- 20-30 cm is all the space these storage pull outs need. But you can store anything from oils to spices, tins to jars, and as a result, you can really save space.
- Kickboard storage-
- Right at the bottom of your cupboards, kickboard storage is perfect for baking trays, cake tins and muffin trays that can take up a lot of cupboard space.
Design tips for small kitchens
With clever cupboard design, you can help make the most of your small kitchen.
- Shallow cabinets-
- Open up your kitchen headspace with wide but shallow cabinets. These are perfect for storing tins and jars, but instead of getting lost in the dark depths of your cupboards, they will be easy to find.
- Suspended shelves-
- While this wont help your limited storage in a small kitchen, having a space of suspended shelves between areas with a lot of cupboards, can help open up your kitchen and make it appear less crowded.
- Try and keep your kitchen balanced on both sides, offering a symmetrical approach. This will stop it from appearing too crowded or cluttered, essential for a small kitchen.
When it comes to a small kitchen, dont be afraid to check out all possible options. Our top design tips for small kitchens include making use of innovative storage solutions, and planning your kitchen design around available cabinetry. If you would like more information, why not take a look at what we have to offer, online or in store, here at Homematas.